Toddler at center of Georgia Amber Alert has died – The Atlanta Journal Constitution
A 38-year-old man shot and killed his infant daughter and two other people before driving away in a vehicle 40 miles away. The bodies of his daughter and two other people were found nearby.
A 1-year-old girl was reported missing and believed to be with her father, Darian Javaris Bennett. Her father shot and killed her mother and critically injured her grandmother before kidnapping the child.
Covington police received a 911 call about an individual who was shot in the area, and found a deceased woman and an older woman with multiple gunshot wounds. The older woman was taken to the Atlanta Medical Center by helicopter.
An amber alert was sent out in Georgia in order to recover the child from her kidnapper.
Darion killed Jacquari before turning the gun on himself, a police sergeant says.
Darian Bennett called police to say he was going to kill himself, and police found his vehicle with the door open at Riverdale First United Methodist Church. Jaquari Bennett was found shot to death behind the church.
The Newton County Sheriff’s Office is still investigating the case. Friends and family stopped by the home to pay their respects.
For more information on this story, consider the following news outlets listed below to stay in the know.
- Toddler at center of Georgia Amber Alert has died The Atlanta Journal Constitution
- Georgia man kills daughter, then himself, after fatally shooting baby’s mother and injuring grandmother CNN
- Father In Georgia Fatally Shot 1-Year-Old Child, Her Mother NBC News
- Father kidnaps, kills 1-year-old and her mom in murder-suicide, grandmother in critical condition WSB Atlanta
- Man kills baby at center of Amber Alert, child’s mother, then turns gun on self, authorities say 11Alive
- View Full Coverage on Google News