Pennsylvania Man Arrested for Allegedly Murdering Neighbor Over Snoring Dispute

A Pennsylvania man, aged 55, has been apprehended by law enforcement for allegedly murdering his 62-year-old neighbor. The incident, which involved a stabbing, is believed to be the climax of a nearly two-year dispute over “loud snoring.” The suspect, Christopher James Casey, from Hatboro, was taken into custody last Thursday. He faces charges of third-degree murder, voluntary manslaughter, and possession of a crime instrument in connection to the death of Robert Wallace.

The Upper Moreland Township Police Department responded to a 911 call around 6:34 p.m. on Monday, reporting a stabbing at a residence on Fitch Road, approximately 15 miles north of Philadelphia. The caller, who identified himself as Casey, reported the incident. Upon arrival, first responders found Wallace outside the residence, about 50 feet away from the house, suffering from multiple stab wounds. Wallace was rushed to Abington Hospital, where he later succumbed to his injuries.

Casey was also transported to Abington Hospital for treatment of a stab wound on his right thigh. At Casey’s residence, officers recovered a large military-style knife and a cellphone on the front porch. They also discovered a window screen that seemed to have been removed and discarded in a nearby grassy area. The window from which the screen was removed was open when the police arrived.

The police and Montgomery County Detectives jointly investigated the incident. The two men were known to the local police due to their ongoing disputes, including arguments about Casey’s loud snoring, which Wallace could hear through the shared wall of their residences. On the day of the incident, Wallace reportedly visited Casey’s residence while Casey was having dinner. After a verbal altercation, Casey allegedly used the large military-style knife to stab Wallace multiple times.

Investigators discovered blood spatter both inside and outside Casey’s home. An autopsy on Wallace’s body confirmed his death as a homicide, caused by multiple stab wounds to the chest. Three days after the autopsy results, Casey was arrested and charged.

Court documents reveal that during his police interview, Casey claimed that he and Wallace had been conversing for about 20 minutes through Casey’s window. By the end of the conversation, Casey alleged that Wallace had calmed down and even offered to give Casey money for nasal surgery. However, when Wallace approached the front door to shake hands with Casey, Casey allegedly unlocked the door while holding his knife and stun gun.

Casey described Wallace as a volatile and strong individual with a quick temper. He claimed he did not believe Wallace’s intention to resolve the situation was genuine, leading him to stab Wallace. Casey appeared before Judge Wendy Rothstein in the county court of common pleas for his arraignment, where his bond was set at $1 million. His next court appearance is scheduled for January 29 before Magistrate Judge Thomas Murt.