3 women critical, 1 loses leg, after taxi jumps curb in Midtown Manhattan; group lifts cab off victims – WABC-TV
Five people were injured in a cab crash in New York City. Three of them were in critical condition, and 15 to 20 New Yorkers tried to help the cab driver get off two female victims.
The crash happened just before 1 p.m. Monday on Broadway at 29th Street. A 50-year-old man on a CitiBike blew through a red light and into the path of a yellow taxi, which hit the bicyclist and dragged him onto the sidewalk, pinning two women.
New Yorkers who rushed to the aid of the pedestrians in the crash to try and help.
Mayor Eric Adams reached out to Columbus Mayor Andrew Ginther regarding the two Columbus residents struck by a taxi in New York City.
Investigators are looking into why the taxi continued onto the sidewalk after striking the bicyclist, and the driver’s license is in good standing.
The accident happened at the intersection of Broadway and Medallion Road. The cab driver is at the hospital.
The driver hit a bicyclist at an intersection, veered off to the left and kept going to the left on the sidewalk. It was there that the taxi collided with those injured in the accident.
For more information on this story, consider the following news outlets listed below to stay in the know.
- 3 women critical, 1 loses leg, after taxi jumps curb in Midtown Manhattan; group lifts cab off victims WABC-TV
- 3 people are critically injured after taxi drives into New York City bagel shop CBS News
- Police: 3 critically hurt when taxi jumps curb on Broadway ABC News
- Good Samaritans race to aid victims after taxi crashes into NYC building, injuring 6 New York Post
- Taxi jumps curb, plows into pedestrians; group lifts cab off victims Eyewitness News ABC7NY