Police say a woman attempting to get into her boyfriend’s car in Brooklyn fell to the ground when he began driving away – and was fatally hit by a second car.
As the 46-year-old woman climbed into the Jeep Cherokee’s rear seat, her beau pulled out, causing her to fall to the street, police said.
Police said the 48-year-old boyfriend wasn’t aware his girlfriend was trying to get into the car.
According to police, she was then struck by an SUV traveling on St. Johns Place. Following the accident, the SUV driver fled, according to the police.
It was reported that the woman died after being taken to Kings County Hospital.
Currently, police are searching for the SUV’s driver.
For more coverage on this story, check the following additional news sources:
- NYC woman killed by hit-and-run driver after falling out of boyfriend’s car New York Post
- New York City woman falls out of boyfriend’s car, killed by hit-and-run driver: report Fox News
- Search for driver in deadly hit-and-run in Richmond Hill, Queens CBS New York
- NYC Crime: Woman killed in Queens hit and run; 4 men also stabbed nearby WABC-TV
- VIDEO: Woman fatally struck by hit-and-run SUV driver after falling out of Jeep in Brooklyn New York Daily News