An 18-wheeler driver whose truck exploded into flames after flying off a north Texas overpass has been identified.
According to a video captured by another driver who wishes to remain anonymous, the truck flipped over a concrete guardrail on US-75 near Stacy Road.
Police say the big rig collided with another vehicle while driving north on 75, causing it to fly off the right side.
Gomez died at the scene. It appears that no other injuries occurred.
Helen Torres, Gomez’s wife, told reporters Wednesday afternoon that her husband was delivering mail for the USPS to Missouri. She said that he had driven for Bancroft & Sons Transportation that was contracted to make the delivery.
She added that her husband had been driving for the company for nearly 21 years.
According to reports, Bancroft and Sons Transportation has offered to pay for Gomez’s funeral.
For more coverage on this story, check the following additional news sources:
- Texas tractor trailer truck careens off overpass, driver killed in fiery crash Fox News
- Horrifying moment semi-truck flies off Dallas overpass and bursts into fireball Daily Mail
- VIDEO: Driver dead after semi flies off highway Texas overpass, bursts into flames KMPH Fox 26
- ‘Lost’: Wife of tractor-trailer driver killed in Allen crash pleads for information The Dallas Morning News
- 18-wheeler driver killed in fiery Collin County crash identified as 71-year-old man FOX 4 News Dallas-Fort Worth