Nurse was driving 130 mph when she allegedly killed five in fiery Los Angeles crash – New York Post
It was revealed on Sunday that the nurse facing murder charges in the fiery Los Angeles crash that killed five was going 130mph – 40 miles faster than previously thought.
Initially, it was thought that Nicole Linton, 37, drove her Mercedes at 90 mph, but court records obtained on Sunday indicate she floored the pedal for at least five seconds before speeding into La Brea and Slauson avenues.
She floored the gas pedal for at least the 5 seconds leading up to the crash, going from 122 mph to 130 mph, according to a filing released on Friday.
According to prosecutors, surveillance videos from her Mercedes and data from her computer laid waste to the claim that she lost consciousness. Documents said that Linton had “complete control over steering, maintaining the tilt of the steering wheel to keep her car straight toward the crowded intersection.”
A NASCAR-worthy performance contradicts the notion that she is unconscious or incapacitated, the filing states.
Linton is charged with six counts of murder and five counts of vehicular manslaughter.
Among the victims of the crash were Asherey Ryan, who was pregnant, her 11-month-old son Allonzo, and her boyfriend, Reynolds Lester. Apparently, the family was on their way to a prenatal checkup when the collision occurred.
Last month, Linton’s attorneys filed medical records detailing her struggle with bipolar disorder, including a determination that the nurse had lapsed into unconsciousness at the time of the crash.
For more coverage on this story, check the following additional news sources:
- Nurse was driving 130 mph when she allegedly killed six in fiery Los Angeles crash New York Post
- Lawyers argue nurse crashed car because stress of her job ‘broke her’ Insider
- Nurse’s vehicle hit 130 mph in collision that killed 5 in L.A. County, prosecutors say NBC News
- Court documents: Nurse in fatal Windsor Hills crash was speeding at 130 mph before colliding with other cars KTLA Los Angeles
- Windsor Hills crash suspect was reportedly speeding at 130 mph FOX 11 Los Angeles