Pelosi undergoes surgery on skull after crazed-maniac’s attack

Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s husband underwent surgery on his skull Friday morning after being struck in the head by a hammer during a violent attack by a home invader looking for his wife.

After the attack, Paul Pelosi was taken to Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital for surgery, where he underwent skull surgery this morning, according to a local ABC report. The 82-year-old is expected to recover from his injuries, according to doctors.

Nancy Pelosi’s office released a statement saying: “Mr. Pelosi was admitted to Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital where he underwent successful surgery to repair a skull fracture and serious injuries to his right arm and hands.  His doctors expect a full recovery.”

In an alleged ambush, David DePape, 42, shouted, “Where is Nancy? ”

As soon as DePape discovered Speaker Pelosi – in Washington, DC, at the time of the attack – wasn’t home, he allegedly tried to tie up Paul and wait “until Nancy got home.”

When police officers responded to the home around 2.30 a.m. on Friday morning, they found DePape and Pelosi fighting over a hammer.

According to San Francisco Police Chief Bill Scott, DePape got hold of the tool and beat Pelosi with it until the police were able to get him off and arrest him.

DePape, 42, was taken to Zuckerberg San Francisco General on Friday morning but is under police custody.

In the days leading up to the attack, DePape flooded the internet with deranged writings and conspiracy theories. He was arrested Friday and faces charges of attempted homicide, assault with a deadly weapon, elder abuse, and burglary.

Pelosi and her husband have been married for 59 years. In addition to five adult children, the couple has a number of grandchildren. 

When Paul Pelosi was driving home from a dinner party and got into a car crash, the incident made headlines.

Having a blood alcohol level .08% over the legal limit, the multimillionaire investor and venture capitalist was charged with drunk driving. As a result of the August accident, he pleaded guilty to DUI charges.

At a highway intersection, Pelosi’s Porsche collided with a Jeep. According to police, both vehicles were severely damaged, but neither Pelosi nor the driver of the other car were seriously hurt.