HPD: 2-year-old found dead inside stolen vehicle after father shot to death during meetup; suspect on the run – KHOU.com
Police in Houston are investigating the death of a 2-year-old boy found inside a stolen car Tuesday afternoon after a man was shot in a southwest Houston parking lot.
It is believed that the child died because he was left in the heat for an unknown period of time.
Police responded originally to a shooting report about 1:46 p.m. on El Camino Del Rey in the 5500 block.
The investigation revealed that a security guard wearing a uniform was spotted pumping gas at a fuel station and meeting up with another man.
According to witnesses, the suspect shot multiple times the security guard in the uniform after getting into some type of argument or altercation with him.
Officers reported that the suspect stole the victim’s black SUV after shooting him.
An investigation into the deadly shooting was underway when a woman called police around 6:30 p.m., reporting her child and husband missing. According to police, the woman’s description matched the description of the security guard, which led to the search for the 2-year-old.
Approximately 30 minutes after learning about the boy’s disappearance, police found the victim’s abandoned black SUV on Elm Street, with the child unresponsive.
Despite officers’ attempts to revive the child and calls to the ambulance, the child was pronounced dead at the scene.
There is still no sign of the suspect, who is described as Black, of slim build, wearing white shorts, a Raiders hat, and having facial hair.
For more coverage on this story, check the following additional news sources:
- HPD: 2-year-old found dead inside stolen vehicle after father shot to death during meetup; suspect on the run KHOU.com
- HAVE YOU SEEN HIM? Police searching for suspect after 2-year-old boy found dead in car that was stolen hours earlier in shooting, HPD says KPRC Click2Houston
- Authorities provide update after 2-year-old found dead inside stolen shooting victim’s vehicle FOX 26 Houston
- 2-year-old dies in Battle Creek drive-by shooting WWMT-TV
- Mother and 1-year-old toddler shot in Cleveland News 5 Cleveland WEWS