A medical helicopter in Ohio crashes while responding to a fatal car accident, police say – CNN
A CareFlight medical helicopter experienced a ‘hard landing’ after responding to a deadly vehicle crash in Butler County.
In the car crash that they were responding to, a 69-year-old woman was killed and a 43-year-old woman suffered serious injuries. With a helicopter crash added to the damage, a slew of dangerous accidents occurred in quick succession.
A medical helicopter crashed into powerlines after an attempt to land at the scene of the fatal car crash in Butler County.
A CareFlight helicopter experienced a hard landing after it responded to a vehicle accident in Butler County. Two crew members were treated for their injuries and released, while a third is being evaluated.
A Chevrolet Silverado entered the path of a GMC Sierra, which was traveling north on U.S. 127. A 69-year-old woman was ejected from the pickup truck and pronounced deceased at the scene.
The driver of the other truck was not injured in the crash, and two other people inside the first pickup truck suffered minor injuries. A CareFlight medical helicopter was called to the scene to transport a woman who was seriously injured.
The identities of those involved in the vehicle crash and helicopter crash have not been released. The Serious Traffic Accident Reconstruction Team is processing both crashes and will be working with the Federal Aviation Administration on the “helicopter crash”.
For more information on this story, consider the news outlets listed below.
- A medical helicopter in Ohio crashes while responding to a fatal car accident, police say CNN
- Medical helicopter crashes while responding to scene of fatal crash WLWT
- CareFlight makes ‘hard landing’ after responding to deadly vehicle crash in Butler County WHIO
- Medical helicopter crashes while en route to fatal accident WTHR
- Medical helicopter crashed responding to fatal accident in Butler County, sheriff says FOX19