4-year-old chokes to death on Costco hot dog

A heartbreaking tragedy occurred this week in Washington state at a Costco when a 4-year-old girl passed away only a few days before her fifth birthday.

According to NonStop Local, Bill Leach, the Benton County Coroner, believes the little girl choked on a hot dog while many witnesses were present.

Although they attempted to revive her by performing CPR and using an automated external defibrillator, the child passed away due to asphyxia from choking.

An autopsy will not be conducted as there were witnesses and emergency medical responders present to witness her death.

Following the incident, the Costco closed on Sunday to reopen on Monday. A request for comment from the company was made, though they did not immediately respond.