Stabbing on Thanksgiving Day Leaves High School Football Player Dead, Suspect Arrested

In the early hours of Thanksgiving, a violent incident in New York City resulted in the death of a teenager and left another seriously injured. Authorities were alerted to a stabbing at 96 Lafayette Street, where they discovered a 17-year-old boy and a 19-year-old man suffering from severe stab wounds. The younger victim succumbed to his injuries, while the older one is currently in stable condition, as per police reports.

The unfortunate event occurred after an evening of drinking outside a local axe-throwing bar, according to local news sources. Manhattan Assistant District Attorney Eun Bi Kim stated that the accused allegedly stabbed the 17-year-old in the chest and slashed the 19-year-old’s torso, causing a deep wound. However, the defense attorney for the accused argues that the situation was more complicated than initially reported.

Warren Quaid, the defense attorney, insisted that the chaotic circumstances surrounding the incident, which were not captured on surveillance footage or mentioned by the prosecutors, should be considered. He claimed that his client was repeatedly attacked during the tumultuous event, suggesting that there might be more factors contributing to this tragic incident.

The deceased, Rocco Rodden, was a student at Saint Joseph Regional High School in New Jersey and a member of the school’s football team. His untimely death has left the community in shock and mourning. The school issued a heartfelt statement expressing their grief and extending condolences to Rocco’s family and friends. Dan Marangi, Rocco’s former coach, also paid tribute to him on social media, highlighting his vibrant personality.

Reggie Sainte Rose, the Athletic Director at St. Joseph, spoke about the community’s shock at the tragic news. He shared that the football team held a prayer service and took time to reflect on the loss of their teammate. The community’s focus is now on supporting each other and sending prayers to the bereaved family during this challenging time.

The investigation into the incident is still ongoing, with details continuing to emerge. As authorities strive to uncover the full circumstances that led to this tragedy, the community is left to mourn the loss of a young life on a day typically marked by gratitude and reflection.