‘Married At First Sight’ Star Dies at Age 33

Andrew Jury, a reality television personality known for his appearance on the inaugural season of “Married At First Sight New Zealand,” has tragically passed away at the age of 33. At the time of his death, Jury was being held at the Mt Eden Corrections Facility in Auckland, New Zealand. His death occurred just hours before he was due to appear in court on charges including assault with intent to injure, willful damage, and possession of an offensive weapon.

The cause of Jury’s death remains uncertain. However, it is known that prison officials made a desperate attempt to save his life. Jury’s father, Ron Jury, expressed his concerns about his son’s mental health prior to the court hearing in an interview with The New Zealand Herald.

Jury’s stint on “Married At First Sight New Zealand” took place in 2017. His former co-stars, Brett and Angel Renall and Benjamin Blackwell, confirmed his death in a joint statement. They expressed their deep sorrow over Jury’s passing and remembered him as a friendly and lively presence during their shared experience on the show.

The reality show, which pairs individuals based on expert personality analysis and has them meet for the first time on their wedding day, saw Jury matched with Vicky Gleeson-Stokes. The couple eventually parted ways after the show’s conclusion.

Ron Jury revealed to The New Zealand Herald that his son was having a difficult time in jail following his arrest on April 2. He expressed regret that his son’s lack of communication with family and friends wasn’t recognized as a warning sign. The Jury family is reportedly “bewildered” and “deeply saddened” by Andrew’s passing.

Warner Bros Discovery, the production company behind MAFS NZ, expressed their deepest condolences to Jury’s family and friends. They emphasized their commitment to the wellbeing of their cast and crew, stating that all contributors to MAFS NZ have access to mental health professionals throughout the production process.

The police have stated that Jury’s death is not being treated as suspicious, but the investigation is still ongoing.