New Orleans murder suspect B.J. Brown captured in Tennessee, officials say – WAFB
BJ Brown shot and killed a woman at the Iberville Housing Development on Bienville Street. In New Orleans Monday.
A cell phone video of the killing was captured and widely shared on social media.
The woman was shot multiple times and transported to a hospital where she later died, police say.
Haunting video of the killing was captured from a nearby apartment window and posted to social media. In the video, a man believed to be Brown, armed with an AR-15 rifle, walks up to a female victim, who is already shot and lying nearly motionless in a parking lot, and fires two more rounds into her body execution-style.
Police say that Brown and the victim Casandra Jones used to date. Police records show that the mother of two had considered a restraining order against her ex.
On the run, Brown shot at a police officer while he was pulled over for a traffic stop in Erin, Tennessee. The officer returned fire and Brown fled into a heavily wooded area on foot.
With tactical teams, helicopters, canines and multiple departments stepping in they were able to apprehend Brown without further violence.
For more on this story, please consider these sources:
- Man who allegedly gunned down his ex, then shot a Tennessee cop, had history of abuse and arrests – NOLA.com
- New Orleans murder suspect B.J. Brown captured in Tennessee, officials say WAFB
- Suspect in Iberville murder shot officer while on the run in Tennessee, police say WWLTV.com
- Execution-style New Orleans murder suspect accused of fleeing to Tennessee, shooting police officer FOX 8 Local First
- Erin officer shooting suspect also accused in New Orleans murder; Search continues WREG NewsChannel 3