Man Charged with Murdering Mother, Injuring Sisters Before Planned Family Cruise

A 23-year-old man from Florida, Connor Crumrine, is facing charges of second-degree murder following the fatal stabbing of his mother, Jennifer Crumrine, a local elementary school teacher. The incident, which also left his two sisters injured, occurred just before the family was set to embark on a post-Christmas cruise.

According to reports, Connor had made unsettling remarks to one of his sisters, instructing her to sleep face down so he could “take her to heaven.” The charges against him also include three counts of aggravated battery with a weapon and resisting an officer without violence.

The violent episode unfolded at the family’s residence in Port Charlotte’s Chelsea Court. The police were alerted to the situation by a distress call from Kasey Crumrine, 27, one of Connor’s sisters. Upon arrival, the officers found Jennifer, 54, with multiple stab wounds. They also discovered Connor in his bedroom, engaged in a struggle with his other sister, Savannah.

The police report indicated that Connor was still in possession of the knife, although he was not actively using it at the time. Despite repeated commands from the officers, Connor refused to comply and had to be physically removed from the room and detained at the scene.

Jennifer was immediately transported to a nearby hospital, but she succumbed to a severe neck wound. Savannah, 25, later revealed to the police that Connor had told her to sleep face down to avoid going to hell.

According to an affidavit by Nicholas Wrasse of the Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office, Connor had been making strange statements to his family about heaven and hell and teaching them how to assume a fetal position. He also reportedly made a finger gun gesture towards them, causing the family to sleep in shifts with their bedroom doors locked.

On the morning of the attack, Jennifer had informed Kasey that she intended to skip the cruise to take Connor to Charlotte Behavioral Health Care. The attack was allegedly initiated by Connor when Jennifer asked Kasey to call the center for assistance.

Jennifer, who suffered stab wounds to her upper back, hands, and arms, was taken to Gulf Coast Medical Center, where she later died. Kasey was treated for a minor hand laceration at Fawcett Memorial Hospital, while Connor was treated for a minor hand wound at Shore Point Health of Port Charlotte.

During his first court appearance on December 27, Connor’s bond was set at $710,000. He was ordered to have no contact with his sisters and to not possess any weapons. He was subsequently charged with second-degree murder. His next court appearance is scheduled for January 29.